Does food that’s breaded in Flamin’ Hot Cheetos look cool and do really well on social media? Absolutely! Aaaaaaand now you know why I keep breading things in them….
Also, the grocery store by my house recently had eight ounce bags on sale for $1.75 each and clearly I couldn’t pass up a bargain like that! Unfortunately, you only got the sale price if you bought ten bags, so now I just have an entire shelf in my kitchen cabinet filled with Flamin’ Hot Cheetos that I’m trying to find the time to eat.
In the past I’ve done a Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Cone, The Big Mac & Cheese, and Deep Fried Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Macaroni and Cheese Hearts among others, and this time I’m back with Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Poppers!
Also — and I know that I mentioned this when I did something similar with jalapeño-flavored Kettle Brand Chips — but when I make jalapeño poppers I prefer to slice them right down the middle and then down both sides in a “T” shape so I’m able to spread the pepper open, pack it with filling and then seal it right back up before breading it.
Once they’re filled with cream cheese and shredded Cheddar all you need to do is coat each jalapeño in flour, dip it in egg, cover it in crushed up Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and then deep fry them for about 90 seconds and you’re all set! Alright, one bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos down and nine more to go!
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1 bag (8½ ounces) Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, crushed into crumbs
- 8 jalapeños
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Ranch or your preferred dipping sauce
- Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy skillet to 375°F.
- Slice the jalapeños down the middle and then down the sides so they can be spread open to fill.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Fill jalapeños with the cheese mixture and set aside.
- Combine milk and eggs in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Coat each jalapeño in flour, dip in egg wash and cover in crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Repeat this process again if necessary.
- Fry jalapeño poppers for 90 seconds.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with ranch or your preferred dipping sauce.