If it hasn’t been abundantly clear by now I’m pretty much addicted to making all sorts of different edible bowls using my Bake-a-Bowl Pan.
So far I’ve made pizza bowls, cornbread bowls, scrambled eggs in pancake bowls, biscuit bowls and popcorn chicken in waffle bowls. I’ve even used it to make Flamin’ Hot Cheetos breaded macaroni and cheese bowls.
Just when I thought I’d made every possible type of edible bowl I was watching my wife make homemade garlic bread one night by brushing a loaf of French bread with melted butter, garlic and parsley. It was at that exact moment the idea for edible garlic bread bowls popped into my head!
The process to make them is super simple — I bought some French bread dough from the grocery store, flattened out six equal-sized portions, filled each cavity in the Bake-a-Bowl Pan with dough and tossed it in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°. I then brushed the bowls with melted butter and minced garlic and parsley and popped them back into the oven until they were golden brown.
These garlic bread bowls would be great filled with spaghetti noodles or even one giant meatball but I had a bunch of frozen mini meatballs in my freezer that were leftover from Christmas, so I warmed those up and topped them with marinara sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I’ll probably circle back and do a noodle filled version at some point, but in the meantime the mini meatballs ended up working out perfectly!
- 1 package of French bread dough
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 30 frozen mini meatballs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- You’ll also need this Bake-a-Bowl Pan
- Cut French bread dough into 6 equal portions.
- Flatten out each piece of dough, place them into the Bake-a-Bowl Pan and add the top piece.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- In a bowl combine butter, garlic and parsley and brush over the bread bowls.
- Place bread bowls on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Heat mini meatballs in a pan with marinara sauce on your stovetop until meatballs are heated through.
- Fill garlic bread bowls with mini meatballs and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.