Being a huge fan of Sriracha I was psyched to learn that you can now buy Sriracha Ketchup, Sriracha Salsa and Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies courtesy of the makers of Red Gold.
I was even more excited when they approached me to create a couple recipes using their new products. Here’s the first one — Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls made with Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies!
I came up with five or six different ideas that all would have been great with the addition of these new Sriracha offerings, but since I’ve been on a pretty big homemade egg roll kick lately I went with Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls, which turned out to be quite a wise decision if I do say so myself.
Obviously you can dip these in ranch dressing, chipotle mayo or whatever else you want, but in sticking with the bacon cheeseburger theme I opted to dunk mine in Sriracha Ketchup, which turned out to be the perfect accompaniment to my egg rolls.
If you’d like to make your own Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls — which I highly recommend — the recipe is below. Also, make sure you check back next month when I’ll be posting another Sriracha-inspired creation!
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Sriracha Ketchup or your preferred dipping sauce
- Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy skillet to 375°F.
- Cook bacon according to the directions on the package.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink while chopping it into crumbles along the way.
- Drain ground beef and combine in a bowl with cheese, diced bacon and Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper with one of the edges pointing toward you.
- Place 2 tablespoons total of filling in the center of the egg roll wrapper and using your fingers wet all four edges. This will help the egg roll stay together after you roll it.
- Next, take the corner that’s pointing toward you and fold it up over the filling, fold the left and right ends in and roll the egg roll up. Repeat for the remaining egg rolls.
- Fry egg rolls in batches for three minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with Sriracha Ketchup or your preferred dipping sauce.