Looking for something a little different to cook for Father’s Day this weekend? How about these Sirloin Steak and Gorgonzola Flatbreads using Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Crumbles.
Litehouse asked me to create a simple recipe that can be made on the grill, and these flatbreads using the Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles fit the bill perfectly!
I started off by sautéing some bell peppers and grilling a couple 1/2 pound sirloin steaks. I then sliced the steaks into strips and combined them with arugula, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and a balsamic reduction. The real MVP in this recipe is the Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles that I sprinkled over the flatbreads!
Using quality cheese is important for me, especially as someone who spent my entire life living in Wisconsin eating a lot of cheese! Litehouse Simply Artisan Cheese is one of my trusted brands. The cheese is aged for 100 days, which helps to enhance the flavors. They are also rBST and gluten free, contain 6 grams of protein per serving and are available in classic flavors like Gorgonzola and Blue Cheese. So, if you’re looking for a way to add some flavor to your BBQ or grilling favorites make sure you head over to LitehouseFoods.com to find a store near you! Insider tip — you’ll find them in the deli section of your grocery store.
- 1 package (8 ounces) Litehouse Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 4 flatbreads
- 2 bell peppers
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup balsamic reduction
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Slice the bell peppers into ½” wide strips.
- If your grill has a side burner place a pan on your side burner, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to it and add the peppers. Grill for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring them every few minutes. If you don’t have a side burner you can grill them in a grill pan or even on aluminum foil right on your grill along with the steak
- Season steak with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and grill it until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and then slice into ¼” strips.
- Reduce grill heat to low and grill flatbreads for 2 minutes. Flip flatbreads and top with arugula, sliced steak, bell peppers, halved cherry tomatoes and Litehouse Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles and grill for 2 more minutes.
- Remove flatbread from the grill, drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve.