For the third year in a row now I’m working with Smithfield to create recipes using their various pork products. In case you’ve missed any of my previous posts you can click here to check out all the different dishes I’ve come up with thus far.
This month they shipped me one of their Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloins, which I grilled and then used to make these Jalapeño Popper Inspired Pork Tenderloin Sliders!
Do you have to grill your pork tenderloin like I did? Absolutely not! You can also sautée it, throw it in the oven, or even slice it prior to cooking if you need it done faster, but seeing as how we’ve been having some pretty phenomenal weather here in Wisconsin lately I wanted to take advantage of that and get outside.
Now, the pork tenderloin, cream cheese and sliced jalapeños already would have been pretty great on their own, but since Smithfield’s fresh pork comes seasoned, marinated and is available in a ton of different flavors and cuts all prep work is pretty much done for you, which left me with plenty of time to whip up a bacon cream sauce to top my sliders with. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times… nothing goes better with bacon than even more bacon!
Have you got a great tip on how you get your dinner ready in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork? Then you’re going to want to enter their Real Flavor, Real Fast Contest for a chance to win a trip to Wine Country — including roundtrip airfare for two to San Francisco, two nigh premium hotel accommodation in Napa Valley, two VIP passes for tours and tastings at two premium Napa wineries, lunch for two on the Napa Valley wine train, a $500 dining credit and a $300 transportation credit — or one of hundreds of other great prizes! Even if you don’t have a tip or trick of your own you can still vote for your favorite for a chance to win a $25 Visa gift card!
Or, if you’re looking for another great way to use Smithfield’s pork tenderloins on your grill check out their video for Grilled Porn and Potato Planks. Plus, you you can always head over to the recipes section of Smithfield.com where you’re pretty much guaranteed to find something you like!
- 1 Smithfield Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 1 package Smithfield bacon
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 jalapeños
- 8 slider buns
- Cook Smithfield Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin according to the directions on the package.
- While the pork tenderloin is cooking fry the bacon according to the directions on the package.
- Remove bacon from pan and reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl whisk heavy cream and flour together until smooth and add to pan along with garlic and cilantro.
- Dice bacon and return to pan.
- Simmer sauce for 5 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Slice pork tenderloin into 8 equal sized pieces and top each slider bun with cream cheese, pork tenderloin, sliced jalapenos and bacon cream sauce.