This was a recipe I originally created a few months ago for Jones Dairy Farm using their bacon — which is phenomenal by the way — but for some reason they never ended up posting it on their website, which was a total bummer since the meatloaf turned out pretty damn good.
On the plus side, they said it would be cool if I posted it here on DudeFoods, so I figured it would be a shame not to share it with you guys. I still ended up getting paid for the recipe as well, even though they didn’t use it so technically I sort of just made a bunch of money to make and eat a two pound loaf of meat that was wrapped in bacon. All in all it was a pretty decent little Monday night!
- 1 (16 oz.) package Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon
- 2 lbs. ground venison
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup ketchup or BBQ sauce to be used as a glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Weave all the slices of bacon together.
- In a large bowl combine all remaining meatloaf ingredients and mix well.
- Place meatloaf mixture on top of bacon weave and form into a loaf.
- Roll bacon weave around meatloaf and flip over so the ends of the bacon are tucked under the bottom of the loaf to prevent curling while in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Spread ketchup or BBQ sauce evenly over top. Return to oven; bake an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.