It’s funny how fast technology advances, especially when it comes to cell phones. I remember paying $500 or something equally ridiculous — in addition to signing a two-year contract — when the original Motorola RAZR came out eight years ago and then marveling at how amazing it was. Within four years — and after many price drops — the RAZR went on to sell 130 million units.
Recently, Motorola launched the new DROID RAZR HD, and since I’m part of the Verizon Wireless Savvy Gourmets program they’re hooking me up with one to give away to one lucky DudeFoods reader! The winner will also receive a $50 Verizon Wireless gift card to use towards their bill, some sweet new phone accessories or anything else Verizon related.
Wanna win? Just leave a comment on this blog post letting me know which DROID RAZR feature you’re most excited for. Just in case you’re not familiar with the new phone, here are some of its pluses:
- An 8-megapixel camera and HD display that makes movies, photos, magazines and websites appear with vibrant clarity.
- Circles Widget makes it easy to view battery life, text notifications, missed calls or weather updates, right on the home screen.
- Near-field communications-enabled, so customers can use Android Beam to share contacts, documents and maps directly to compatible phones.
- A battery that allows for up to 32 hours of normal use and double the internal storage (of older RAZR phones) to 32 GB.
- Runs over 4G LTE, combined with Chrome for Android, meaning customers can enjoy blazing fast speeds that make downloading documents or surfing the Web a breeze.
- Device is Global Ready, so calling home or sending emails is possible from more than 205 countries around the world.
Well, what are you waiting for? Leave a comment below and tell me what your favorite feature is! I’ll pick a random winner on Friday, December 14th. Good luck!
Update: 12/15/2012 — Congratulations to AJ who is now the proud new owner of a DROID RAZR HD and a $50 Verizon Wireless gift card! AJ was most excited about the carbon fiber back on the phone. Really man, between the 4G LTE service, crazy battery life and awesome camera the thing you’re most excited for is the carbon fiber back? Oh well, enjoy your new phone!
|Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Midwest Savvy Gourmets program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.|