Still have a bunch of Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator? Looking for a unique way to finish them off? Are you so tired from all that Black Friday shopping that you don’t feel like doing any dishes? Then bake some edible biscuit bowls to eat them out of!
I did something similar a while back when I made my Thanksgiving Leftovers Cone, but these biscuit bowls are much more practical since that cone probably held an entire pound or so of mashed potatoes.
You will need a Bake-a-Bowl Pan to make the cornbread bowls, but once you have one you can also use it to make things like pizza bowls, cornbread bowls, scrambled eggs in pancake bowls and popcorn chicken in waffle bowls.
Once you’ve got the pan all you need to do is pick up a package of biscuit dough from the grocery store, stick one biscuit in each of the cavities in the Bake-a-Bowl Pan, bake them according to the directions on the package and then pack them with all your leftovers! I filled mine with mashed potatoes, turkey, corn, gravy and cranberry orange relish.
Aside from Thanksgiving leftovers these biscuit bowls would actually be amazing as some sort of brunch dish with country gravy poured over the top of them. In fact, I think that will be my breakfast tomorrow!
- 1 package of biscuits
- Your choice of filling (I went with mashed potatoes, turkey, corn, gravy and cranberry orange relish)
- You’ll also need this Bake-a-Bowl Pan
- Place one biscuit in each Bake-a-Bowl cavity and add the top piece.
- Bake according to the directions on the packaging for the biscuits.
- Remove Bake-a-Bowl Pan from the oven and fill the biscuit bowls with your choice of toppings, I packed mine with mashed potatoes, turkey, corn, gravy and cranberry orange relish.