Last May I made some Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Poppers that turned out pretty amazing. The post received a comment from a DudeFoods reader named Laura though saying that although she SOOOOO wants to try them — her words, not mine — the texture of peppers always grosses her out when she bites into them. Well Laura, these Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Popper Bites are for you!
Granted, I have no idea if Laura actually reads DudeFoods regularly or if she’ll even see this new recipe more than ten months later, but at least I enjoyed making and eating them!
The process for these is pretty similar to the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Poppers, except that instead of stuffing the jalapeños with cream cheese and Cheddar cheese I diced up the jalapeños, mixed them right in with the cheese and rolled them out into balls that I breaded in Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and deep fried.
Difficulty wise these took about the same amount of time and effort to make as the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Poppers, but they’re obviously a little smaller, so if you’re for a new appetizer for your next party these Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Popper Bites might be it!
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1 bag (8½ ounces) Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- Ranch or your preferred dipping sauce
- Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy skillet to 375°F.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and diced jalapeños.
- Roll cheese and jalapeño mixture into balls that are approximately the size of golf balls.
- Set up a dredging station with two bowls — milk and eggs in the first one and crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos in the second one.
- One by one roll the cheese balls in Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, submerge them in egg wash and then roll them again in Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Repeat a second time if necessary.
- Fry Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Breaded Jalapeño Popper Balls for 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with ranch or your preferred dipping sauce.