Although, I guess that a salad containing egg, bacon, avocado and a generous amount of ranch dressing served in a bowl made entirely out of Parmesan cheese isn’t technically healthy, but in my deep fried, bacon wrapped world this is basically the equivalent of eating a giant pile of kale.
To create the Parmesan cheese bowl I used a Folios Cheese Wrap, which is a product I’ve been hooked on ever since I discovered them at the grocery store a few months back. For $5.49 you get a package of four cheese wraps and they’re available in three different flavors — Cheddar, Jarlsberg and Parmesan. Sorry if this sounds too much like a sponsored post — because it isn’t — I just really dig these things.
Anyway, all I did was take one of the Parmesan wraps, microwave it for 60 seconds on a piece of parchment paper and then flip it on top of an upside down bowl. A minute or so later I had a Parmesan cheese bowl that I packed with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, egg, avocado and blue cheese crumbles!
If you can’t find the cheese wraps anywhere you could accomplish the same thing by melting some cheese in a pan, using a spatula to transfer it to a piece of parchment paper and then forming it around the bowl, but these wraps make it so much easier.
Aside from making cheese bowls though these wraps are a pretty great substitute for taco shells as well. I’ve even used them a couple times in lieu of a pita when making gyros. Now if you’ll please excuse me I need to go wrap a bunch of stuff in bacon so I can deep fry it! I’m sick of eating healthy!
- 1 Folios Parmesan Cheese Wrap
- 4 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups lettuce, diced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 medium chicken strips, diced
- 1 hard boiled egg, diced
- ½ an avocado, diced
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Ranch or your preferred dressing
- Take one Folios Parmesan Cheese Wrap, place it on a piece of parchment paper and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Flip the cheese over an upside down bowl immediately after removing it from the microwave, form it around the bowl and remove the parchment paper.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, chicken, egg, avocado and cheese in a bowl and shake to combine.
- Transfer salad to Parmesan cheese bowl and top with your choice of dressing.