Did you know that according to researchers eating seafood two times a week can lead to significant health benefits? Luckily, Gorton’s makes it super easy to do so thanks to their extensive variety of products!
Although everything that Gorton’s makes is delicious I keep coming back to their Beer Battered Fish Fillets. Back in October I used them to make Deep Fried Fish and Chips on a Stick, but if you don’t have a deep fryer, or you’re just looking for some way a little easier to combine the fish fillets with fries then these Fish Fillet Waffle Fry Sliders are the perfect alternative!
Since these are bite-sized and take almost no time or effort to make they’re also perfect for any parties or get-togethers you might be having. The fish fillets and waffle fries just need to be tossed into the oven — it gets really easy if you can find waffle fries that need to be cooked at the same temperature as the fish — so with all the extra time I had I whipped up some red cabbage coleslaw and some cilantro jalapeño sauce to top them with.
You could always use store-bought coleslaw and bottled sauce if you want but I’ve gotta tell you, these Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets plus my homemade coleslaw and cilantro jalapeño sauce recipes go amazingly well together!
- 1 package Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets
- 1 package (approximately 22 ounces) frozen waffle fries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ red cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 bunch plus ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeños, halved and deseeded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook waffle fries according to the directions on the package.
- Cook Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets according to the directions on the package.
- To make the cilantro jalapeño sauce combine 2 halved and deseeded jalapeños, 1 bunch cilantro, ½ cup sour cream, 1 clove garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth.
- To make the coleslaw whisk together ¼ cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons lime juice,1 tablespoon brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add ½ chopped red cabbage, 1 grated carrot and ¼ cup chopped cilantro and toss to combine.
- Slice Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets in half and top waffle fries with half of a fish fillet, cilantro jalapeño sauce, coleslaw and finally a second waffle fry until you’re out of fish fillets.