I’ve made Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf plenty of times before, but every time I’ve taken a bite of it I’ve always felt like it was missing a little something. Well, it turns out that “something” is Sriracha Ketchup!
Last month when I posted my recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls I mentioned that the makers of Red Gold are now producing Sriracha Ketchup, Sriracha Salsa and Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies. I used the Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies in those egg rolls — and dipped them in the Sriracha Ketchup as well — but this recipe is where the Sriracha Ketchup really shines!
Not only did I mix some of the ketchup in with the ground beef I used for my meatloaf, but I also brushed the bacon weave with it as well, so with every single bite I got a nice little spicy kick. Don’t want yours quite as spicy? No problem, just mix a little less Sriracha Ketchup in with the ground beef but I’m telling you, once you taste this stuff you’re not going to be able to get enough of it!
- 1 (16 oz.) package bacon
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 bottle Sriracha Ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Weave all the slices of bacon together.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, ½ cup Sriracha Ketchup, eggs, diced onion, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place meatloaf mixture on top of bacon weave and form into a loaf.
- Roll bacon weave around meatloaf and flip over so the ends of the bacon are tucked under the bottom of the loaf to prevent curling while in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Spread Sriracha Ketchup evenly over top. Return to oven; bake an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.